Establishment June 1st, 2013
Arrival of staffs August 1st, 2013
Name of the Endowed Department
Department of Epilepsy, Movement of Disorders and Physiology
Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
1）As an academic department in the university hospital, we promote researches and clinical applications of clinical neurophysiology,which is essential for elucidating the pathophysiology and developing the treatment of clinical epileptology.
2）It is our mission to elucidate the pathophysiology and develop the treatment of epilepsy and movement disorders so as to develop the highly advanced medicine for its application to clinical practice. We also make best efforts to offer opportunities of trainings and educations to young physicians both from Japan and abroad to foster the specialists and physician-scientists in the field of epilepsy.
In close collaboration with the Department of Neurology, we aim at achieving the following projects in a comprehensive, efficient and multidisciplinary manner.
- Development of medical devices for wide-band EEG recording&analysis, and its application to elucidation of epileptogenicity
- Promotion of epilepsy surgery and research on higher brain functions&its plasticity under epileptic conditions
- Combined imaging and neurphysiological researches on the pathophysiology of the epileptic focus
- Research on the pathophysiology and treatment of movement disorders
- iPS (induced pluripotent stem) cell research on epileptogenesis
- Establishment of the training programs for the advanced specialists in the related fields
- Promote collaborative researches with basic and mathematical scientists to understand neural oscillations underlying both physiological brain functions and pathology
Companies of endowment（in alphabetical order）
NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
UCB Japan Co., Ltd.
- URL: http://epilepsy.med.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- E-mail:email@example.com (Akio Ikeda, Professor)firstname.lastname@example.org (Riki Matsumoto, Associate Professor)email@example.com (Secretary)
- Address: Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8507, JAPAN
- TEL: (+81)-75-751-3662
- FAX: (+81)-75-751-3663